Thursday 13 May 2010

The final Chapter



Well, the time has come for the final blog, and it makes me feel sad to think that this is it. My project has done so amazingly well and I think what we have achieved is fantastic and I could never have done this without my fantastic cast. As I write this I feel slightly deflated to think that it is all almost over. Everyone aims for the end and cannot wait to reach it but when you do it does not feel as good as you thought you would.

My project has taught me so much about myself and what I want from life, and what happiness truly means. The residents in the home have showed me that they have been through thick and thin, yet everyday they wake up with a smile on their face and carry on with their lives. They have provided me with so many memories, and have let me into their pasts and I am so grateful and appreciate every time they let me look through that window into their memory.

We have finished devising the piece and it just needs polishing up and tightening. But we are almost there, and we have almost done it, we have come such a long, long way and have achieved so much. As a group we have become a group of close friends, rather than just a group of actors. Last night we went for a meal without Zoe, and drinks without Frank and Zoe, but the rest of us still had a fantastic time and it made me realise that even now the residents are helping to change people’s lives just through the use of their memories.

I am split between happiness and sadness, happy that university and all assessments are over, sad because it is over. So I would like to thank my cast, who have been there through thick and thin, the residents who provided the most magical memories, and Mark and Suzannah, for their constant support and praise, because without them none of this would have been possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment